As event professionals working in this amazing industry, we get to experience wonderful destinations, venues and hotels and we get treated to the best the industry has to offer. So, this is us, stepping up and doing something for those who don’t get that opportunity, and hopefully providing some much needed respite and festive cheer for women and children survivors of domestic abuse and sexual violence supported by Solace Women’s Aid.
On Monday 16 December 2019, members of the AIEA will be hosting and running a Christmas Event at Friends House (who are being incredibly generous), opposite Euston Station for around 150 guests.
We’ll be waitressing, washing up, providing entertainment and lunch and hopefully adding a smile to a few faces along the way in a relaxed and informal setting with no agenda other than to try and provide a nice festive and safe atmosphere for a few hours. We have even persuaded Chris Walls to dress up as Santa which is worth coming along to see alone!
In addition, we are also setting up lots of stalls where our guests can exchange (free) complimentary vouchers for clothes, shoes, books, toys, costume jewellery, food hampers, handbags, cosmetics and toiletries, gifts and we are even going to have a delicate area!
The everyday items that we take for granted could make all the difference to those who have nothing or have had to flee their homes and it must be pretty miserable facing Christmas, without any means to buy a gift for your child, or unable to even enjoy any sense of excitement.
So, our members are busy collecting, cajoling and reaching out to as many people as possible to make our Christmas Charity event a real success, and we would welcome any support from suppliers.
- Want to Donate a Gift? Email Anna@TeamUmbrella.net
- Want to Donate Some Costume Jewellery? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Want to Donate Handbags? Email email@example.com
- Want to Donate Toiletries? E-mail Lauretthe firstname.lastname@example.org
- Want to Donate Children’s Clothes and Shoes? E-mail email@example.com
- Want to Donate Adults Clothes? Email Fiona.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Want to Donate Adults Shoes? E-mail email@example.com
- Want to Donate Crackers & Party Novelties? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Want to Donate Christmas Food and or Drinks? E-mail email@example.com
- Want to Donate Toys/Books? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Want to donate Christmas Wrapping Paper? E-mail email@example.com
- Want to donate a Canvas/Cloth Shopping Bag? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to Volunteer on the Day?
(one person) £50.00+vat
Come and lend your support and we might have you waitressing, washing up, manning a stall or we might even press gang you into leading a sing song. We would just be happy to have you involved.
Want to Host a Stall?
(three people max) £175.00+vat
If you want to host your own stall on the day (you can’t charge for items) then you would be very welcome especially if you feel you have unique or unusual items to give away? Maybe a Christmas Cake, Christmas Pudding or a Gingerbread stall. Maybe you have a great idea of your own? Please note that no alcohol is allowed.
Want to Sponsor a Table?
(two people max) £175.00+vat
We’ll name a table after you and ensure you help serve the guests on that table. Please note you do need to also provide small favours for guests and a festive tablecloth.
We are also looking for some lovely décor and Christmas novelties and if you are a talented event professional happy to lead a choir then great, please get in touch.
Every Supplier who donates significant items, sponsors a table a stall or volunteers will be put into a draw to win a free place at either the AIEA Awards in January 2020 or the AIEA Summer Carnival in August 2020. It’s all about the give and take.
Additionally, we promote your support through social media and list your logo on the website.